Search This Blog

IT's ALL About Me

My photo
LOVE, MONEY, FREE FOOD, COMMON-SENCE PROPOSALS, ADVERTISEMENT, FAN MAIL & POTENTIAL BOOK DEALS EMAIL HERE...

Monday, March 28, 2011

Science of the Soul - Associated Producers Ltd.

Science of the Soul - Associated Producers Ltd.
I just saw “Science of the Soul” on the History Channel; I plan to recommend it to my student in my anthropology class. I also plan to buy it as soon as it becomes available. It combined anthropology, history, psychology, science, and robotics to investigates whether there is a soul and if so, can it be quantified or measured. It started with analysis of current studies into reincarnation, in particular studies made on very young children past life experiences. Of particular interest to me the anthropologist, it covered how various cultures viewed the ‘soul,’ and how medicine and ethnomedicine are studying very nature of consciousness through altered states of consciousness that both anesthesiologist Dr. Hameroff and shaman in the jungles of Peru first-hand experiences. The documentary also examines current studies into infant states of mind and self-identity, near-death experiences, artificial intelligence, and robots all to address the age-old question “is there a soul?”

No comments:

Post a Comment